2 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
2 red or yellow peppers, seeds and stem removed, chopped
150g of Bonsan Kofu Ragu Chunks
2 medium courgettes, sliced into rounds
225g white mushrooms, halved or sliced
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried basil
3 tsp oregano
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and a sprinkling of salt; sauté for 3-4 minutes until transparent, but not browned.
3. Add the peppers and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low, add garlic, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the kofu chunks and season with salt, pepper and ½ tsp dried basil, and stir occasionally, until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes.
5. Add the browned kofu to the large pot and, without cleaning the frying pan, add the mushrooms and zucchini. Saute for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are browned and the zucchini softened. Transfer to the large pot.
6. With the vegetables and tofu in the large stew pot, add remaining dried herbs, a few grinds of black pepper, and salt to taste; stir.
7. Increase heat to medium-high, add tomatoes and tomato paste, and simmer together for 10-15 minutes. Serve with a large chunk of sourdough bread.