500g vegan shortcrust pastry
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced into chunks
1 cauliflower, cut into florets
2 red onions, diced
2 jars Bonsan Green Pesto
75ml plant-based milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180/160C fan.
2. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and red onion, and boil for a further 3-4 minutes until both cauliflower and potatoes are just cooked through. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Spoon in the pesto and gently mix until combined, being careful not to break the vegetables too much.
4. Grease a muffin tin and on a floured surface, roll out the pastry to about the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out large circles to line each hole of the muffin tin. Re-roll the offcuts, and cut out smaller circles to form the lids.
5. Fill each case with the mixture, (pack it in really tightly, it won't expand or leak during cooking!), and then stick down the rim of the pies, crimping around the edges with the back of a fork to create a good seal. Create a little hole on the lid of each pie with a sharp knife.
6. Brush the lids of each pie with plant-based milk and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
7. Leave to cool in the tin before carefully removing the pies. Serve either hot or cold and enjoy! They may be small, but they’re full of flavour!