1 small pumpkin
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
240ml coconut milk
150g non-dairy yoghurt (optional)
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp ground fenugreek
¼ tsp chilli (optional)
1 tsp maple syrup
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 x 200g boxes Bonsan Shredded Jackfruit
Fresh coriander, to serve
Rice, to serve
Lime wedge, to serve
Naan, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Wash the pumpkin, cut it in half and scrape out the seeds. Brush the pumpkin with 1 tbsp olive oil, sprinkle it with ½ tsp salt and place both halves cut side down on the baking sheet. Place in the oven.
3. Roast one of the halves for about 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and cut it into 1-inch chunks. Set aside.
4. Continue roasting the other half for 45 minutes. Once very soft, remove from the oven, let cool for a few minutes and discard the skin. Place the pumpkin flesh in a blender with the coconut milk, non-dairy yoghurt, water, spices, maple syrup, and ½ tsp salt. Blend on a high speed until very smooth.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Add the pumpkin chunks and jackfruit, and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly to make sure it doesn't stick.
6. Pour in the pumpkin sauce and stir to coat. Let simmer for 5 minutes, adding more water if needed until it reaches a thick, creamy consistency.
7. Serve warm on a bed of rice, with a slice of naan, a sprinkle of coriander and a lime wedge. Enjoy!