500g wholemeal pizza dough
CREAMY ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE:
125g raw cashews, soaked for 20 minutes in hot water
1 garlic bulb
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sea salt + pinch
1/2 tsp ground black pepper + pinch
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
I packet Bonsan Smokey BBQ Jackfruit
1 handful finely chopped kale
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
pinch sea salt & ground black pepper
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
Serves: 1 or 2
1. To roast the bulb of garlic, preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the whole bulb in half lengthwise and coat with 1 teaspoon of olive oil on top of the cloves and a pinch of sea salt and ground black pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and soft.
2. Once the garlic is roasted, set your oven to 475°F for the pizza.
3. Lightly flour your counter surface, a rolling pin, and your hands. Place the ball of dough on the flour and press it down and slightly outward with your fingers. Then roll it out to either one large of two smaller bases. Lightly oil the pan and place the rolled out pizza dough on top. Gently stretch it out to the edges and form an edge for the crust all around with your fingers.
4. To make the creamy roasted garlic sauce, take the soft roasted cloves out of the outer skin and place in a high powered blender. Be sure to drain and rinse your cashews from the soaking water before adding to the blender with the fresh water and the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until very smooth.
5. Use about half the garlic sauce and spread evenly around the base of the pizza. Then top with the smoky jackfruit and red onions.
6. Bake for 8 minutes. Then add the kale and bake for another 4 to 5 minutes until the kale looks crispier and dark green and the crust is golden brown. The onions and bbq jackfruit will also have a bit of caramelization.
7. Drizzle with remaining garlic sauce on top of the pizza before cutting and serving. You'll also have enough garlic sauce left over for dipping!