1 leek, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
500g chestnut mushrooms
15g fresh thyme, leaves picked
3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
150g cashews, chopped
15g fresh parsley, chopped
1 tbsp mustard
130g Bonsan Chive Cheese-Free Spread
1 sheet of vegan puff pastry
2 tsp sesame seeds
1 tsp sea salt
4 tsp oat milk
4 tsp maple syrup
Drizzle of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180/160C fan and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add the mushrooms to a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
3. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add a drizzle of olive oil and add in the leek, onion and thyme. Add a pinch of salt and fry, stirring regularly for 5 minutes until softened.
4. Add the blended mushrooms to the pan, and cook until dry and starting to caramelise.
5. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
6. Add the nuts and parsley to the pan with the mustard. Fold through the chive cheese-free spread and let the mixture cool to room temperature.
7. Lay the puff pastry on a piece of parchment paper. Spread some of the filling along the edge closest to you, fold the pastry over with a good overlap and seal with a fork. Cut into 1 inch pieces. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling. You should yield around 24 rolls.
8. Place the rolls onto the lined baking tray. Combine the oat milk and maple syrup in a small ramekin, and brush over the rolls. Sprinkle over sesame seeds and salt and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and puffed. Share between your guests and enjoy as a delicious plant-based festive canape!