400g Bonsan Organic Mylk Hazelnut Cocoa Spread
115g melted vegan butter
300g granulated cane sugar
80ml non-dairy milk
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
120g plain flour
75g cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Grease a 20cm square pan with butter then line with parchment/baking paper with overhang.
2. Scrape Mylk Hazelnut Cocoa Spread into the pan and spread to create an even layer. Freeze 1 hour or until solid.
3. Using paper overhang, remove onto a plate and return to the freezer until ready to use.
4. To make the brownie batter, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-assisted).
5. Line your square pan with parchment paper with overhang again, and grease with some softened plant-based butter.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together the hot melted butter and sugar. Then, whisk in the milk and vanilla.
7. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
8. Mix the dry ingredients into the bowl with the butter and sugar mixture until well combined.
9. Spread half the batter evenly into the baking pan. Add the nutella slab in, followed by the remaining half of the batter on top.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out relatively clean.
11. Let cool for about 30 minutes in the pan. Then grab the parchment paper overhang and pull the brownies out. Set on a wire rack to finish cooling completely before cutting.
12. Serve and enjoy!