1 small aubergine salted and cubed
2 small courgettes cubed
1 red pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red onion roughly chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cloves minced garlic
1 large sprig fresh basil
Salt & pepper to taste
Bonsan Organic Red Pepper and Cashew Spread
Premade shortcrust pastry
Serves: 8 to 12
1. Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 200-degrees celsius. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
2. Make the filling: Place the aubergine, courgette, pepper, and red onion chunks with the olive oil, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in a large bowl and toss to combine. Transfer to 1 of the prepared baking sheets and spread into an even layer.
3. Roast the veggies for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through, until tender and lightly caramelized. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
4. Assemble the galette: Place the pastry on a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a be 11”/3ocm in diameter.
5. Transfer the pastry to the second prepared baking sheet.
6. Spread the Bonsan Organic Red Pepper and Cashew Spread evenly on the pastry, leaving about 2 centimeters around the edge.
7. Spoon the veggies evenly on top of the Bonsan spread. Gently fold the edges of the dough over the filling, covering about 2”/5cm of the filling and pleating the dough every 1.5”/4cm as you go.
8. Bake until the pastry is golden-brown, 20 to 30 minutes.