For the marinated Kofu:
2 Bonsan Organic Kofu Classic
3 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1 tablespoon Bonsan Organic Hot & Fiery Chilli sauce
For the Spicy Bánh Mi Sauce:
115g Bonsan Organic Cocomayo
1 ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
1-2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 tablespoon sriracha
For the pickled vegetables:
120ml white vinegar
2 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon salt
100g red cabbage, finely sliced
110g carrots, grated
120g cucumber, finely sliced
For the toppings:
Fresh coriander leaves
13g red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon chillies minced (optional)
1. Whisk together the Kofu marinade ingredients in a shallow dish.
2. Slice the Kofu into approx 1cm thick triangles or squares, and place into the marinade. Spoon the marinade over the Kofu to ensure it is covered.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 to 60 minutes.
4. Chop the red cabbage, grate the carrot, and chop the cucumber. Place vegetables into a glass jar.
5. In a small saucepan, add all pickling liquid ingredients. Stir well and bring to a boil. Just as the liquid boils, remove from heat.
6. Very carefully, pour the liquid over the vegetables. Let cool, and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, stir together the sauce ingredients.
8. When Kofu is done marinating, remove from liquid and sauté in a pan over medium heat with a bit of oil, for approx 5 minutes on each side. 9. 9. Watch the Kofu carefully so not to burn, but you want a nice browned cook.
10. On your choice of bread, spread the creamy spicy banh mi sauce. Place Kofu on top. Add pickled vegetables over the tofu. Add coriander, red onion, and optional chillies on top. Drizzle more sauce if desired.
11. Serve immediately and enjoy!