3 Bonsan Kofu Grill Sausages
3 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp salt
2 onions, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
150g frozen peas
Small knob of vegan butter
Dash of plant-based milk (we used oat milk)
2 tbsp fresh thyme
2 tbsp fresh rosemary
4 tbsp vegan gravy granules
280ml boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 210C/fan 190C/Gas Mark 7. Place the kofu sausages onto a baking tray, and cook in the oven for 7 minutes or until brown.
2. Chop the sweet potatoes, then add them into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until soft, and then drain and transfer to a large bowl. This is quite a broad range- should we be more specific?
3. Add the onion and olive oil to a saucepan, and fry until it is soft and fragrant. Spread the cooked onion over the bottom of an oven dish in an even layer.
4. Boil the peas according to packet instructions, and drain. Add these into the oven dish.
5. Once the sausages are cooked, chop them into small pieces and add them to the oven dish.
6. Mash the sweet potatoes whilst gradually adding some vegan butter and plant-based milk to remove the lumps and create a smooth consistency.
7. In a measuring jug, mix together the gravy granules and boiling water, and stir until all lumps have dissolved. You can alter the consistency of the gravy by adding more water or more granules. Pour the gravy into the oven dish.
8. Finally, spoon the mashed sweet potatoes on top, ensuring that it covers the other ingredients evenly.
9. Top with fresh rosemary and thyme, and place in the oven to cook for 20 minutes.