4 slices vegan brioche or similar type bread. 1” thick.
4 tbsp Bonsan Coco Hazelnut Spread
2 tablespoon egg replacement (we used a flax egg)
100ml plant milk of choice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp vegan butter
Powder sugar, for dusting
Berries for garnish (optional)
1. Spread the chocolate spread on all 4 pieces of bread and join 2 together, like sandwiches.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg replacement, milk, sugar and vanilla
3. Dip each sandwich into the ‘custard’, letting it soak on both sides
4. Preheat a large frying pan over a medium heat, Add the butter, swirling in the pan to coat the bottom. Once melted, add the french toasts and cook each side until golden brown.
5. Dust the french toast with powdered sugar and serve with berries of choice.