150g Bonsan Kofu Ragu Chunks
260g Sweet potato, chopped in bite sized pieces
150g Mushrooms, halfed
1 red pepper, chopped (chunky)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1/1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 onions, sliced
1 tsp brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
400g chopped tomatoes
400g coconut Milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garam masala
Mint or coriander, chopped.
Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan).
1. Toss the kofu and chopped vegetables in the olive oil, spread out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 mins. Set aside.
2. Whilst the veg is roasting, heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry for 30 seconds. Add the onion & brown sugar and saute on a medium heat until golden brown.
3. Stir in the garlic and continue to saute for 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes and cook them down, stirring occasionally for 6-7 minutes.
5. Stir in the coconut milk and continue to cook for 5 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Take the sauce off the heat. When the vegetables and kofu are ready, add them to the pan with the sauce and combine well.
7. Finally, stir in the garam masala, salt, lemon juice and fresh herbs and serve with roti or rice.